Kells Priory
Die Priory von Kells (Ceanannas) wurde Ende des 12. Jahrhunderts von den Normannen errichtet. Während der nächsten Jahrhunderte wurde die befestigte Augustiner Priorei zweimal geplündert, immer wieder erweitert und die Befestigungen ausgebaut, aber schlussendlich 1540 von Heinrich VIII. aufgelöst.
The priory of Kells (Ceanannas) was erected by the Normans at the end of the 12th century. During the centuries to follow the Augustinian priory was plundered twice, extended and fortified for several times, but was finally disbanded by Henry VIII. in 1540.
Details von Kells Priory / Details of Kells Priory
Zugeordnete Themen / Assigned Topics:
Externe Links für Kells Priory / External links for Kells Priory
- heritageireland.ie/visit/places-to-visit/kells-priory/
- irelandinruins.blogspot.co.at/2012/05/kells-priory-co-kilkenny.html
- timetravelireland.blogspot.co.at/2012/12/kells-priory-co-kilkenny.html
- Wikipedia (en): Kells Priory
- www.kellsvillage.bravepages.com/
- www.megalithicireland.com/Kells%20Priory%20Kilkenny.html
- www.monastic.ie/history/kells-augustinian-priory/
- www.visitkilkenny.ie/kells_priory
Lage / Location
- Irish grid: S 49810 43285
- GPS: 52.53894 -7.26652
Historischer Verweis / Historic Reference
(© Wiki Commons)







