Abbeyderg Abtei / Abbeyderg Abbey
Um 1200 gründete Gormgall O’Quinn (Gormghall Ó Cuinn) eine Kloster, das Abbeyderg (Mainistir Dhearg, rotes Kloster) genannt wurde. Es war dem Hl. Petrus geweiht und wurde von Augustiner Mönchen geführt bis es 1540 unter Heinrich VIII. aufgelöst wurde. Im späten 16. Jahrhundert wurden alle Gebäude des Klosters zerstört, nur die Ruine der Kirche hat die Jahrhunderte überdauert.
Around 1200 Gormgall O’Quinn (Gormghall Ó Cuinn) founded a monastery that was named Abbeyderg (Mainistir Dhearg, red monastery). It was dedicated to St. Peter and was run by Augustine monks until it was dissolved under Henry VIII. in 1540. In the late 16th century all buildings of the monastery were destroyed, only the ruins of the church outlasted the centuries.
Zugeordnete Themen / Assigned Topics:
Externe Links für Abbeyderg Abtei / External links for Abbeyderg Abbey
Lage / Location
- Irish grid: N 14128 65379
- GPS: 53.63821 -7.78712
Historischer Verweis / Historic Reference
(© Wiki Commons)







